Music is a way people try to get into their moods with irresistible beats and great lyrics and looking at the market today, you will discover that there are several musical units available and one of these units is a turntable.
If you have old Vinyl records from probably your granddad’s collection that you would love to listen to then getting a turntable is the next step for you.
Vinyl has been getting popular over the past few years and if you have an interest in listening to old vinyl tracks and you are seeking to purchase a turntable then you should look no further but this review as we would help you find the best turntables to meet your $100 budget.
Reviews of the Best Turntable under $100
Table Of Contents
#5. ION Audio Max LP / 3-Speed Belt Drive Turntable
Connect this turntable to your home stereo system through its RCA outputs while its natural wood finish gives it a classy and elegant look. Listen privately to your vinyl records using its in-built headphone jack.
You can convert old tracks from a cassette player using its 1/8-inch auxiliary input and your room will get filled with quality sounds thanks to its in-built stereo speakers.
Convert, connect and listen to your dad’s favorite vinyl track using the ION Audio turntable which helps to convert vinyl records into digital music files as all it requires is for you to connect this turntable using its USB cable to your computer to get started.
- Delivers amazing sounds
- Looks good and beautifies any shelf it is placed on
- No problem with the RPM speeds
- Poor packaging as it arrived broken
- Speakers do not have rich tones or depth
- Depressing speakers, poor treble and bass issues
#4. Jensen JTA475B 3-Speed Turntable
This is one of the best turntables that would match your $100 budget on Amazon today as it is belt driven using three speeds including 33, 45 and 78 RPM for operation and it also comes with a remote control which allows you navigate through certain functions easily.
Unlike other low and poorly designed turntables out there, the Jensen JTA475B turntable comes with an auxiliary input jack which allows you connect easily with your MP3, iPod and digital audio players while its power indicator works effectively in telling you when this turntable turns on. Other notable features include; RCA line-out jacks, stereo speaker system, stereo headphone and more.
- Portable size and sounds great too
- Doesn’t take up much space on the shelf and helps to decorate the shelf too
- Sturdy construction that guarantees durability
- Very poor sound quality
- Doesn’t play vinyl albums
- Bass boost doesn’t really help to boost sounds
#3. Audio Technica AT-LP60-USB ($129)
This turntable comes with RCA output cables and an in-built switchable phono pre-amplifier which you can use in connecting your powered speakers and audio systems and it makes use of two rotational speeds which are the 45 and 33 RPM.
The Audio Technica fully automatic turntable is rated among the best as it works effectively in the conversion of vinyl records to digital file formats with high Audacity and this turntable equipment is well designed to be compatible with both PC and MAC devices. Other additional feature that comes with this turntable product includes a die-cast aluminum platter and Anti-Resonance.
- Plays at accurate speed
- Delivers good sounds
- Well constructed to last for a long time
- Stop button stops working regularly
- Stylus pressure needs to be adjusted
- Comes with a short audio cable
- Fidelity loss in MP3
#2. Jensen JTA-222 3-Speed Turntable
You will love the Jensen JTA-222 3-speed turntable today as it comes with an AM/FM stereo radio for listening to your favorite talk and sports shows. You will also listen to songs and these shows in great sound and clarity as this quality turntable comes with a dual in-built front facing speakers that are well engineered to deliver superb, rich and great sounds.
One of the notable features of this turntable is it comes with a dust cover which helps to provide optimal protection against dust attacks while its external stereo headphone jacks, RCA speaker jacks and power indicator are other impressive features that would keep you attracted.
This quality turntable contains all the essential features that you require in a turntable and it will also beautify any place it is kept as its antique wooden case gifts it with an elegant and classic look.
- This turntable works correctly when setup perfectly
- Specially designed to deliver great sounds and better audio quality
- Lightweight design makes it easy to be transported from one place to the other
- Cheaply made because it is quite rough around its edges
- Would not play heavy vinyl as doing this cause song to skip
- Its in-built speakers deliver tinny and small sounds
#1. Jensen JTA-230 3-Speed Stereo Turntable
Making use of this turntable equipment ensures that you will stay connected with your MPS and iPod thanks to its auxiliary input jack and it also makes use of a stereo headphone jack and RCA line-out jack.
This turntable equipment makes use of three speeds which are 78, 45 and 33 RPM’s and it also features a USB port with cable which helps in the conversion of vinyl records to digital formats while its software is perfect for editing, recording and converting audio formats to MP3 formats.
You will also have control over volume, tone and record speed thanks to its pitch control design and purchasing this equipment also comes with a dust cover which eliminates dust from this equipment and an auto dust switch.
- Speakers deliver powerful and clear sounds for listening pleasure
- Well designed not to scratch the records
- Featuring all the essential knobs and dials for better listening experience
- Poor packaging as hinges on the plastic appeared broken when the packaged was opened
- Poor sound quality
- USB output non-functional, distorted output from its stylus and poor sounds from its low budget speakers
Making use of turntables tends to change the way you look at music as the sounds you would hear are basically natural and organic sounds unlike the sounds gotten from digital formats but good things are still appreciated.
The models we have listed in this review are the best you can get to match your $100 budget and be sure not go fall for any other super cheap models other than the ones listed in this review.
Resource: you can learn to use your turntable here.