USB microphones are becoming more powerful and prominent and there is also an endless list of professional musicians who prefer making use of a USB microphone than any other type of microphone.
Despite being relatively expensive, USB microphones are quite easy to use and do not give any form of hassle and you are also guaranteed that they would work for several hours.
When it comes to selecting a good USB microphone, the following should be carefully considered;
1. Intended use
3. Preferred pickup pattern
Having listed all these, let’s take a look at the list below:
Reviews of The Best USB microphone for vocals that you can work with
Table Of Contents
- Reviews of The Best USB microphone for vocals that you can work with
- #5. Blue Snowball USB Microphone
- #4. Samson Go Mic Portable USB Condenser Microphone
- #3. Audio-Technica ATR2100-USB Cardioid Dynamic USB/XLR Microphone
- #2. CAD U37 USB Studio Condenser Recording Microphone
- #1. Blue Yeti USB Microphone – Silver
#5. Blue Snowball USB Microphone
The Blue Snowball USB microphone boasts of a USB output design which allows for direct integration and connection with a laptop computer or desktop, this in turn also guarantees high quality recording.
One notable feature of this Blue Snowball microphone is its dual capsule design which works effectively delivering cardioid and omnidirectional elements for you to select from.
Purchasing this USB microphone also comes with a USB cable and desktop stand while its 10db switch helps to get rid of distortion and external noise while recording.
- You can make use of this microphone in making voice calls as it delivers great sound quality
- Also delivers great results when used with Skype
- Unfortunately, this USB microphone doesn’t work perfectly well with windows devices
#4. Samson Go Mic Portable USB Condenser Microphone
The Samson Go Mic USB condenser microphone is a portable and one of the best rated USB microphones . One of its interesting features is its plug and play PC and Mac compatible design which also doesn’t require any form of drivers for operation.
This USB condenser microphone features a compact design which helps it sit perfectly on a desk or clip tightly to a laptop and it is highly recommended field recording, podcasting and recording music. It is also perfect for web casting, VolP, iChat and voice recognition software.
- Its compact design makes it quite easy and convenient to move about with
- Delivers great sound and also gets rid of ambient noise
- Doesn’t last long as it tends to stop working after few months of use
- This microphone also doesn’t work perfectly well with a HP Notebook and this is also a major setback
#3. Audio-Technica ATR2100-USB Cardioid Dynamic USB/XLR Microphone
Featuring an XLR analog output and USB digital output, the Audio Technica is another top rated USB microphone. One impressive feature of this microphone is its in-built headphone jack which allows you connect directly so you can monitor your microphone output.
Ideal response, extended and smooth frequency are some of the key features of this USB microphone and it is also perfect for field recording, home studio recording, podcasting and on-stage use. It also features a cardioids polar pattern which works effectively in eliminating unwanted sounds from the rear and sides.
- You can make use of this microphone for gaming and it works perfectly well
- Delivers great sounds that impresses professional musicians
- Microphone doesn’t last long unless for the first few months of use
- Microphone feels bulky and heavy and this makes it quite difficult to use
#2. CAD U37 USB Studio Condenser Recording Microphone
Get the CAD USB studio condenser microphone which is perfect for rich and warm recordings and it also boast of a cardioid pickup pattern which works effectively in getting rid of external noise and isolating noise from the main source.
One impressive feature of this microphone is its extended and smooth frequency response which makes it ideal for instruments, sound and speech while its bass reduction switch also helps in eliminating noise.
This microphone is compatible with Macintosh and windows devices and it also comes with a 10db overload protection which gets rid of distortion of loud sounds.
- Requires no drivers to install and it also comes with CYAN LED which helps to indicate if there’s power
- This microphone is ideal for beginners as it works perfectly well in recording YouTube videos
#1. Blue Yeti USB Microphone – Silver
You can makes use of this microphone for podcasting, musical instruments, vocals, field recordings, interviews, voiceovers and conference calls. One of the features that makes this microphone widely sought after is its 3 condenser capsule which allows you record at anytime regardless of the situation.
You can also select from any of its patterns such as the stereo, omnidirectional, bidirectional and cardioids patterns while its zero latency output, mute button and gain control button makes operation quite easy and less stressful.
- You can make use of this microphone for playing and communicating during video games
- It is also considered as the best microphone for streaming of radio stations
- Issues with color selection as the color ordered appears different from the color delivered
- Product tends to stop working after few months of use
In conclusion, if you want to get the best USB microphone then the Blue Yeti USB microphone is the ideal choice for you as the clarity you can get from it is superior compared to any other microphone listed in this review and it also delivers amazing sound quality of audio recordings.
Feel free to purchase any of the microphones listed in this review today as they would last long and deliver amazing sounds.