Here we have shared an amazing article on best weight lifting shoulder brace.
I am sure you would love to read our 2018 updated guide.
Weightlifting is an athletic discipline in which athletes attempt a heavyweight single lift of a barbell loaded with weight plates. Shoulder injuries are common in weightlifting because most of the people start it without consulting a physician. Weightlifting is not for everyone because it is not that simple as it looks.
A Step By Step Guide To Choose The Best Weight Lifting Shoulder Brace
Table Of Contents
- A Step By Step Guide To Choose The Best Weight Lifting Shoulder Brace
- What are Shoulder braces and their benefits?
- How to prevent dislocation and other shoulder injuries?
- 1. SB03 Shoulder Brace by EVS Sports
- 2. Saunders Sully Shoulder Support Brace by DonJoy
- 3. UltraSling IV Shoulder Support Brace by DonJoy
- 4. OmoTrain Shoulder Support by Bauerfeind
- 5. Universal Shoulder Support with Strap by McDavid
- 6. Shoulder Ice Compression Device by HyperIce
- 7. Shoulder Support by Shock Doctor
- 8. Contoured Clavicle Support by ProCare Braces
- Conclusion – Wrapping It Up!
- Share this post
Shoulders are naturally unstable because they are the most moveable joint. Dislocation of shoulders happens when you accidentally put so much pressure on the shoulder then the arm pops out of the shoulder socket.
It is an extremely painful moment. Medicine will help slowly but you need shoulder braces for sudden relief.
What are Shoulder braces and their benefits?
Shoulder braces give support and protect the shoulders. Athletes use these to prevent injuries, quick recovery from injuries and for instant pain relief.
You can also use shoulder braces to improve posture. Athletes use shoulder braces during weightlifting to prevent shoulder dislocation.
Shoulder braces give comfort to muscle injuries, tendons, ligaments problems and capsular problems. Some of the benefits of Shoulder braces are:
- Shoulder braces give you protection form injuries and if you injured yourself it will help in preventing further injury by restricting movement of the shoulder.
- Physician suggests it during heavy exercise especially while practicing weightlifting as for muscles need support. It gives extra strength to the shoulders.
- You don’t have to wear them all the time. As they help in improving your posture you just need to wear them 3-4 hours a day. They also give therapeutic heat to your body.
- Shoulder braces give a firm grip that provides compression on the affected spot, so the brain can focus exactly on the target. Compression increases the blood flow to the injured spot.
- Shoulder braces are adorable, most of them are long lasting so it’s not a loss if you buy them from the trustworthy site which gives a guarantee of best quality. Be aware of fake sites and dealers.
How to prevent dislocation and other shoulder injuries?
The best and most effective way to prevent dislocation and shoulder injuries is to build strength. Make your body adaptive to heavy work out to build strength in the muscles and tendons of the shoulder.
Stretch out your muscles to relax them, do regular exercises to make your muscles less likely to under stress.
If you had any injury in the past, then you have to pay much more attention to prevent dislocation. There are double shoulder braces to prevent and support dislocation of the shoulder.
It is the most popular shoulder brace nowadays because it is lightweight and breathable. it’s not like every brace is lightweight and comfortable as SB03 by EVS sports.
It has 3 Velcro straps which make it easy to wear. It is adjustable you will not get in any trouble wearing it.
It is useful for physical training and swimming. It gives strong grip and protection. It is rated 4 out of 5.
- It is light weighted and breathable.
- It has 3 Velcro straps to give perfect grip.
- It is adjustable.
- It takes some time in adjusting perfectly around your shoulder.
- It is not returnable.
It helps in restricting shoulder moments. It can be wear on the left shoulder or on the right shoulder. It gives support to the chest and arm area. Shoulder injuries will make anyone uncomfortable.
It helps in injuries recovering and restrict shoulder movement. It has an elastic Velcro strap and it is not breathable which cause sweat and odor. It is rated 4 out of 5.
- It gives support to the chest and arm.
- The straps are adjustable.
- It restricts movement which helps in recovering from injuries fast.
- It is not breathable which can cause sweating.
- It is expensive.
- It is difficult to wear depending on the injuries.
It helps in treating freeze shoulder, shoulder dislocation, and capsular problems. It has large vents to promote airflow. For easy identification of size, there are labeled color balls. It is also rated 4 out of 5.It is available in four sizes.
It is softly padded which helps in a comfortable grip. It can be worn on the left shoulder or on the right shoulder. It does not put pressure on the neck. Its main components are nylon, polyurethane, spandex, and polyester.
- It is soft padded.
- It is available in four sizes.
- It has a three-point strapping system to reduce pressure on the neck.
- It can be wear on both shoulders.
- Its straps are thin which can give bruises.
- The straps are not long lasting.
- It will not give support to the neck.
It helps to support the shoulder joint and secure shoulder movement.
It has straps which give compression massage to the tissues. It also has a removable massage strap. It gives perfect posture to the shoulder and can be worn on both shoulders. It is made up of knit fiber.
It is breathable, flexible and machine washable. Anyone who loves volleyball and other sports like that should have OmoTrain Shoulder support by Bauerfeind because it gives maximum support to the shoulders and flexibility to move easily.
It is best for conditions like osteoarthritis (It occurs when the protective cartilage on the ends of your bones removed). It is rated 3.9 out of 5 because of their elastic straps which are not long-lasting.
- It is comfortable.
- It is made up of knit fiber.
- It is easy to wear and take off.
- Customer service is not very active.
- Straps may lose elasticity after some time.
It gives good support and comfort in shoulder injuries including tendons and bursitis.
It has Neoprene which helps in regulating and maintaining the temperature on affected site. It has two Velcro straps closures on biceps area for firm grip.
It has a pocket which can hold extra gel pads. It is available in two sizes. It is easily available and the cheapest shoulder brace on the market. It is 3.9 out of 5
- It gives excellent support.
- It has an adjustable strap.
- It is affordable.
- Its straps are not flexible.
- It is not breathable it will cause sweating.
It has 3mm premium grade neoprene. It has flexible ice cell. It has a watertight seal to prevent leakage.
It is unisex and can be worn on both shoulders. It is machine washable. It provides optimal cold therapy.
It does not restrict movement of the shoulder. It also contains antimicrobial cell material which prevents bacterial infection. It is rated 3.7 out of 5.
- It provides cold therapy on affected site.
- It has a Watertight seal to prevent leakage.
- It has flexible ice cell.
- It does not restrict movement.
- There is no specific instruction of this brace.
It has two adjustable chest straps and can be worn on both shoulders. This brace is for men for shoulder positioning, unstable joints, and muscle strains. It helps in quick recovery and pain relief.
It has neoprene which provides therapeutic temperature and antimicrobial material to prevent odor-producing bacteria.
It has Lycra binding for durability. It also gives guarantee stability control due to X-Fit straps. It gives multi-adjustable straps to fit perfectly around the shoulder. It is rated 3.6 out of 5.
- It has Lycra binding.
- X-Fit straps give strong support.
- It has multiple adjustable straps.
- These are not comfortable for women.
- Its straps are not long lasting.
- It is not available in different sizes.
It helps in the treatment of broken collar bones and AC joint injuries.it also helps in the treatment of postural problems and clavicle fractures.
It can be worn directly onto the skin because it is soft padded and does not irritate or stretch.
It is available in five different sizes and it has three-way adjustment buckle for perfect fit. You can wear it for 24 hours it is washable. It is rated 4.4 out of 5 because it is not detectable under clothes.
- It is available in five sizes.
- It gives a perfect fit.
- It is Soft padded.
- It is available in one color.
- Soft pads can be ruptured in the machine wash.
Conclusion – Wrapping It Up!
Shoulder braces are so important nowadays. They are available in different sizes for different purposes. These shoulder straps are easy to wear and take off. These braces are designed to support muscle strains, unstable joints and ligaments strains.
Most of the Shoulder braces have neoprene and antimicrobial properties to prevent injections and odor.
We discussed some of best weight lifting shoulder braces and rate them according to their quality and features. Now the choice is yours to take the time and make the right decision for you.