If you are searching for some true and helpful quotes to keep you away from destructive attitude then our Self Harm Quotes That Can Help You Feel Better would help you overcome the pain and self resentment.
Table Of Contents
While it is immanent in teenagers the most, self-harm rears it’s ugly head emotionally and physically to its sufferer. We live in an age of globalization and cyber bullying and other forms are unfortunate corollary to that but to name a few which as jocular it may seem may result in distress and emotional malaise to those at the receiving end.
Teenagers tend to stack up emotions most times even when the obverse should be the case and given the circumstances of rapid changing hormones, mood swings and other vicissitudes that comes up at this frail stage in their lives.
When something bad happens to them, it only compounds their woes for worst, example such as failure in exams, break-up with lover or they are bullied by someone, they start considering themselves guilty and to hurt their own selves seems a solution to them sometimes.
This self-destructive mannerism which could stem from the clichéd rubric “pressure”, in them is one process that leads to an inevitable suicidal disposition because they tend to want to pour out their fury on themselves as they see themselves as the wellspring of their misfortune.
In such case, the only prescription is medical assistance or psychological counseling to deal with their trauma issues.
When people don’t have someone to share their worries, they indulge in self-harm and may find satisfaction in it. Depression takes fount mostly from those with a jaundiced viewing of life which itself could have sprung from their experiences or background and when people feel alone or have an inimical approach towards life they feel distracted from their problems by hurting themselves.
Self Harm Quotes That Can Help You Feel Better
- No one really cares until something dramatic happens.
- If only I could stop the bleeding in my mind because I don’t know if I can survive it
- I don’t know if I’m getting better or just used to the pain.
- I’ve said a thousand “in fine” today but didn’t mean one of them
- Everyone has scars that they don’t want to talk about. Mine are just on my body as well as in my head.
- I do know which is better hell or earth as myself
- My outward shows I’m fine but inwardly no one knows I’m dying
- Everyday there seem to be a difference, say from night, it’s all just a gloomy darkness in my life
- I don’t know if it’s the same with the world and everyone is just pretending but I’m tired of being this way
- She cuts herself. Never too deep, never enough to die. But enough to feel the pain. Enough to feel the scream inside.
- If wallowing in my pain is penance then I’ve paid my price of hell
- I don’t know what will happen tomorrow but I’m sick and tired of today
- I can feel the hurt. There’s something good about it. Mostly it makes me stop remembering.”
- I don’t know if there’s a world out there but this one’s just made of barb wires and wrecking balls
- My scars are a reminder that I’m a fighter
- When the going gets tough in reminded that my scars are tougher
- I’m tired of hearing the same questions, “how are you”, when no one really cares for an answer
- I’m tired of living this life, tired of living this lie
- If there’s solace from pain then I guess it doesn’t know my name
- I just feel so many bruises in my heart even my body is perfectly fine
- I know we believe the lies we all tell each other all the time but I wish when I say I’m fine, it is not one of those lies that you believe
- I wouldn’t have asked to know life before I was born if this is what life is
- In case you didn’t know, dead people don’t bleed. If you can bleed-see it, feel it-then you know you’re alive. It’s irrefutable, undeniable proof. Sometimes I just need a little reminder.
- Don’t expect cloud nine with me because all you get are clouds and scars
- You might imagine that a person would resort to self-mutilation only under extremes of duress, but once I’d crossed that line the first time, taken that fateful step off the precipice, then almost any reason was a good enough reason, almost any provocation was provocation enough. Cutting was my all-purpose solution.
- Other times, I look at my scars and see something else: a girl who was trying to cope with something horrible that she should never have had to live through at all. My scars show pain and suffering, but they also show my will to survive. They’re part of my history that’ll always be there.
- I hide my scars so that you may be well, I die inside so that you may live just fine
- Self-harm – the world will come at you with knives anyway. You do not need to beat them to it.*Caitlin Moran*
- My scars show all my suffering and pain but they also show that I had the will to survive.
- These scars are permanent, always there to remind me that I need to keep living.
- I wish the void in my heart was plain as my face you see and fake like everything’s just fine
- Most people just want the happy endings, but the truth is fairy tales are the biggest lie ever told
- We are just suicidal kids telling suicidal kids, suicide isn’t the answer
- I don’t want your pity just that you see how I a dying
- I draw butterflies on my skin, if life will not give me one, I might as well make one
- The pressure to fulfill your fantasy of me is deafening.
I just want to end it
- Like an edifice hiding a hideous room, that’s how I am but then no one knows
- They all say how much they are living the dream, nobody is saying how much it’s weighing on them
- The world has left him broken so he makes himself bleed that he may take the pain he feels inside, out to lessen the cloud in his soul.